Wednesday, April 18, 2012

First Scare

Two weeks have past and I think I can elaborate a little on an incident that happened to our family in hopes to maybe bring awareness and caution to other parents.

Good Friday was a very emotionally Friday for my family. To make a long story short Lilly was playing with the family dog and was bitten in the face. As complete chaos broke out all I could think about is "did this really just happen?" The family dog, the protector. We've always been careful about other dogs and even my own but Georgia? Thank God for my husband because in a split second he grabbed her and we were rushed to the ER. After sedation and 4 hours of worries. She came out like a champ.
At the end of the day the lesson we all learned, is that a dog is a dog and they communicate differently.
Lilly becomes more active day by day and with that comes more attention.
So thankful we had the one above watching out for her that day!
As a parent your really hard on yourself, after all your suppose to protect your own. We are struggling day by day to forgive ourselves for Good Friday. I know that things happen, an in time we grow and learn from them. I know she's going to fall and get bumps and bruises, but in the back of our minds we know that dogs can be a mans best friend or a parents/child's worst nightmare. We just didn't consider our own becoming that nightmare. For now all we can do is move forward with caution.

Here's a before and after. She's healing great and no nerve damage it's amazing! Gods amazing;)

No comments:

Post a Comment