Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Lovie Day

So I have always loved celebrating any kind of Holiday but I have found that I especially enjoy celebrating Valentines Day as well as Easter. I think its because of Lilly I just love puting little things together for her and doing Arts and Crafts. It also might be because during this time of year it can be very depressing.

Lilly's Valentines Day was a happy one. She was surprised with two dresses, Cinderella sleeping bag and a pair of sparkly shoes. She was spoiled with the movie Brave and tons of play jewelry from my mom. One of our traditions on Valentines Day is to cook a big dinner. So this year my hubby surprised me with a new Knife set. Daniel brought her home a balloon
She loves balloons!

We made most of the Family Valentines. You can see one of them is a plate that I made for Lilly that says love. We made coffee cups for all the coffee drinkers and filled them with chocolates. (Buy dollar store plates or coffee mugs write with sharpie and bake at 350 for 30 mins) Daniel had some wood left over so he made us some LOVE blocks. (Paint blocks, cover with scrap book paper using modge podge, wait to dry then trace letters, I sprayed mine with some sealer after to give it a little shine.)The back will say NOEL for Christmas. She also painted picture frames for he grandmas. ( Michaels for 1$)

Dinner
I didn't cook the whole thing from scratch because Valentines was on a Thursday and I did have to work
The menu was:
Shrimp Cocktail
Steak marinated in Montreal
Mac and Cheese (Fresh Market)
Artichoke Salad (Fresh Market)
Home Made Blue Cheese Wedge


We topped the night off with a Donut, Chocolate Covered Strawberry and Tuxedo Cake. (No Pictures :( )
**Oh remember how I said I wasn't going to by myself any clothes this year. Went threw closet and look what I found! got this sweatshirt last year with a gift card from my birthday. How appropriate.


The weekend was lots of fun too. Lilly got to see snow and we finally finished up reupholstering of club chairs. We tried a new breakfast spot. Its where Bob Evans used to be. It was okay Lilly loved the pancakes.
































No comments:

Post a Comment